Dr Brian Roet'sThe Confidence to be Yourself hits the bookshops today. We delved into the paperback to find some confidence boosters just for you. . .
- Building confidence consists of small actions that add to your confidence
- Think of a situation that you have avoided in the past but feel you are almost able to do – this is the aim.
- Write down what you actually require to progress towards fulfilling doing what you have avoided in the past.
- Focus on the positive outcomes of your action not on the fears and concerns.
- Be aware of your feelings and again focus on the positive feelings you will have when you complete your aim.
- Spend some quiet time imagining the sequence of events that will occur to lead to your aim (a dress rehearsal).
- Make a time frame as to when you are going to do what is required.
- Just do it and praise youself when it is completed whatever the outcome.
- Focus on another aspeect of your life you would like to improve.
- Choose a role model whom you believe would be confident and comfortable with this aspect.
- During the day imagine how your role model would act, feel and speak.
- 'Brainwash' yourself with your role model's attitude so you can feel as they would.
- Put your 'brainwashing' into practice.
This section is from Chapter 20 of The Confidence to be Yourself which is available from Piatkus now.
Here's a selection of keyword-matched articles that you might also find interesting: