People often have difficulty maintaining their connection with nature and the universe when they are in a busy city. The ‘noise’, the vibrations of the city can cause us to tense up with anxiety and block our natural connection. But nature and the universe do not stop existing when you are in the city. Their wave fields do not suddenly stop flowing just because they encounter buildings, cars and concrete. Every atom is filled with life and vitality. Nature and the universe are still there, but it requires a conscious effort to connect with them because the pollution and intensity of the city can be so powerful.
If your hectic, city lifestyle means you are having problems connecting to nature and the universe, this short exercise from The Endorphin Effect by Dr William Bloom can help:
Aware in the City
- Sit or lie quietly anywhere that you are comfortable.
- Acknowledge that you are disturbed by the intensity of the city vibrations.
- Allow your mind to recognise that below the concrete is the deep, rich, fertile body of the earth. Far below you is the core of the earth with its molten rock and great heat. All of this is still there even if you are in the city.
- Allow your mind to recognise that the city contains trees and flowers, yards and gardens and parks, ponds and lakes and rivers. Allow your mind to go way out beyond the city to the countryside. Go as far as you like to places in the mountains or by the oceans that you really love. All of this is still there even if you are in the city.
- Allow your mind to recognise that the sky above you is precisely the same sky that you would experience if you were lying in an alpine meadow or on some tranquil seashore. The sun above you is the same sun. The moon is the same. The stars are the same. All of this is still there even if you are in the city.
- Allow yourself to remember this with your mind and your heart.
- Recognise that the vibrations of this greater environment are always there.
- Allow yourself to think of them and feel them.
In The Endorphin Effect, Dr William Bloom reveals a revolutionary method that enables you to produce endorphins for vitality and a positive mood whenever you want, even when exhausted or in a crisis. It is available to buy now from Piatkus, priced at £9.99.
Here's a selection of keyword-matched articles that you might also find interesting: